There are two burial mounds dating from the late Iron Age on this site. On one mound stands a group of eight large stones in a circle, known as a judge circle. The circle is also known as the Hästevad stones and measures 19 metres in diameter. There were originally more burial mounds here, but they were destroyed when the railway was built. The site was known and chronicled by Carl von Linné during his Västgötaslätten journey. King Adolf Fredrik and Queen Lovisa Ulrika also had their names engraved on one of the stones during a visit in 1754.
The Hästevad stones is located in the nature reserve of Halle- och Hunnebergs rasbranter.