We have received a grant from LONA to develop our activities for children and teenagers. The grant is used to create educational material and instructions for teachers and to develop the “Mini Ambassadors” concept. The project has a strong local foundation as we work with Biosphere Reserve Lake Vänern Archipelago and Mount Kinnekulle, as well as with museums and schools within the geopark area. The project is an outdoor venture of great social benefit as we make areas available for children.
The purpose is:
- to give children and teenagers within the geopark area knowledge about their local environments through an educational effort, focussing on the table mountains and their special geology
- to increase the children’s understanding of geology and the connections between geology, biology, and cultural history
- to contribute to an increased understanding of the earth systems, including climate change
- to provide schools and teachers with guidance, support, and material so that they can carry out the items above
- to develop the Mini Ambassadors concept in collaboration with Biosphere Reserve Lake Vänern Archipelago and Mount Kinnekulle.